Valentine's Day Nail Art

Monday, February 10, 2014

Easy Valentine's day nail art tutorial
Since taking the photos for this manicure I've seen it around quite a bit! I thought I'd share it anyway, because it's really cute, simple, and easy if you haven't got a very steady hand!

To do this I used Nails Inc. St James, which is a really lovely, bold red. In the bottle it has a tiny bit of shimmer, but this doesn't transfer onto the nails much at all. The formula is great, it dries quickly and doesn't chip too easily which is a bonus if you're clumsy like me! The pink I used was just a light, shimmery pink I had in a gift set for Christmas, but this Mavala one looks really similar.
Easy Valentine's day nail art tutorial

Easy Valentine's day nail art tutorial
This manicure was really easy to achieve. Once I'd painted on the pink base and let it dry, I used the red polish to create a semi-circle shape on the top corner of my nail. I found it easier to do this in one, quick swooping movement. I then did exactly the same movement on the other side to create a shape that looks like the top of a heart. I sealed it with a top coat and that was it!

I think this looks really pretty without being too over the top and cutesy. I also think this is really wearable all year round, and I'll definitely be doing it again some time soon!
Easy Valentine's day nail art tutorial
Have you seen any cute Valentine's nail tutorials lately?

You can follow me on Twitter and Instagram :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments